Every chef in Elite Havens villas has his or her own ‘special’ dishes – the ones that guests ask for again and again. Well, why wouldn’t they? Many of our skilled chefs have trained in internationally acclaimed restaurants. The outstanding chef at Villa Levi shared two of his favourite dishes with us.
Levi Chicken in Coconut Milk Soup
- 500 ml chicken stock
- 100 gr chicken breast
- 1 lemon grass
- 2 kaffir lime leaves
- 50 gr Shitake mushroom
- 1 ginger
- 1 galangal
- A bunch of coriander leaves
- 200 ml coconut milk
- 2 tbs lime juice
- 2 tbs fish sauce
- 1 small coconut (cut into half)
- Heat the chicken stock and add lemongrass, sliced ginger, kaffir lime leaves, coriander, sliced galangal and bring to boil
- Slice the chicken breast and add sliced mushrooms. Bring to a simmer (5-8 minutes).
- Turn the fire down, add coconut milk and stir constantly.
- Add the lime juice.
- Serve the soup in the coconut bowl.
Prawn and Avocado Salad À La Levi
- 6 prawns, boiled
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1 Japanese cucumber
- Some green lettuce
- 3 tbs Mayonaise
- 2 tbs Tomato ketchup
- 1 tsp Chilli sauce
- 1 tsp Rum/brandy
- Parsley, chopped red peppers, chopped olive, spring onion for garnish (optional)
- Dice 3 prawns and keep the rest aside
- Dice half avocado and slice the other half
- Cut cucumber to long thin slices
- Combine mayonnaise, ketchup, chilli sauce, rum and mix with diced prawns and avocado.
- Arrange green lettuce on the centre of the plate
- Shape the sliced cucumber to a ring and put it on top of the lettuce
- Scoop prawn and avocado mixture into the cucumber ring
- Place the remaining 3 prawns outside the cucumber ring (tail down)
- Place avocado slices in between the prawns
- Garnish with parsley, chopped olive, and spring onion (optional)