The world seems to have stepped into 2022 with a renewed promise to open up and normalise again. Thailand, the preferred holiday destination for many, leads the way with three options for foreign travellers to visit the country –
- Test & Go Scheme
- Sandbox Program
- Alternative Quarantine entry scheme for unvaccinated travellers
If you’re fully vaccinated, the Test & Go scheme is the easiest way to enjoy exploring the Kingdom. On the heels of the highly successful Sandbox program, the Test & Go scheme restarted accepting applications on 1 February 2022. Here’s all you need to know for your next trip to Thailand:
Test & Go Eligibility
So, who is eligible? In short – everyone who is fully vaccinated with an approved vaccine at least 14 days before entry.
If you are arriving by air, you will need to fulfil the following requirements to be exempt from quarantine:
- Thailand Pass – register at the Thailand Pass website.
- Negative RT-PCR test taken no more than 72 hours before travelling.
- Children under 6 years of age, if accompanied by parents who tested negative on the pre-departure RT-PCR test, are exempt from this requirement.
- Insurance policy coverage of no less than US$20,000.
- If you are a Thai citizen or foreign expatriate under Thailand’s national healthcare coverage, you are exempt from this requirement.
- Pre-arranged transfers from the airport to your choice of accommodation. We at Elite Havens can handle this for you and ensure a smooth pick-up.
- Proof of payment for Day 1 RT-PCR test and SHA++ accommodation for the same day. You will be required to take a self-administered antigen rapid test on Day 5 and then allowed to carry on with your holiday.
- You are required to download and install the MorChana application, and set it on at all times once you land for Covid-19 precautionary measures and to record the test results on Day 5.
When you get to Thailand
Screening such as body temperature checks will be carried out at the airport. Your on-arrival Day 1 RT-PCR may be conducted either at the airport, a swab centre or at your hotel. You will be transferred by a vehicle arranged by the Elite Concierge to your pre-booked SHA++ accommodation where you must wait until you get the test result. Children under 6 accompanied by fully vaccinated parents can do a saliva test instead of the on-arrival RT-PCR. Once you get your test results, you are free to holiday as you please.
You will also need to do a self-administered antigen rapid test on Day 5 and upload the results. Whether you need a test (and which kind of test) to take a flight out of Thailand will depend on your destination’s border rules (please check with the concerned airline). We can make arrangements for your departure test, on request.
Choose one of our government-certified, SHA++ luxury villas to stay in and allow us to take care of the details for you. Test & Go will make visiting Thailand a breeze.
Enjoy a blissful vacation with privacy and luxury guaranteed. Our villas are sanitised regularly, and staff is fully vaccinated and tested periodically. Meanwhile, the Elite Concierge can take care of all your logistical requirements so you can focus on making memories with your loved ones. Endless beaches, great food, indulgent spa treatments, and natural tropical beauty of the landscapes – book an Elite Haven today and get a glimpse of why the world loves to holiday in Thailand so much.
Disclaimer: As news about Covid-19 is constantly changing, we advise you to check the latest and most accurate updates through verified government websites.